From Slaughter to Redemption
Redeem your mind and find some wisdom over at Proverbial Thought!
I have a mental exercise for you. Please consider the following:
15 Then the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was named Shiphrah and the other Puah, 16 “When you serve as midwife to the Hebrew women and see them on the birth stool, if it is a son, you shall kill him, but if it is a daughter, she shall live.” . . . 22 Then Pharaoh commanded all his people, “Every son that is born to the Hebrews you shall cast into the Nile, but you shall let every daughter live.”
Exodus 1:15-16, 22, ESV
And then Moses, the one who led the Israelites to redemption out of Egypt, was coming.
16 Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, became furious, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time that he had ascertained from the wise men.
And all because Jesus, the One who would redeem Israel and all who would believe in Him from their sins, was coming.
Now consider this (from Number of Abortions and as of Monday, June 16, 2014):
- The United States aborts between 3,000-4,000 babies every day.
- This year (as of June 16) about 500,000 abortions have been performed in the US.
- Since the ruling of Roe v. Wade in 1973, there have been almost 57 million abortions in the US.
- There have been over 100,000 abortions today globally.
- There have been nearly 19 million abortions this year (as of June 16) globally.
- Since 1980, nearly 1.5 BILLION abortions have been performed globally. (That is 1/6 of our current population!)
Is something getting ready to happen?
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.